Ready to register for the ICSI Executive Course?
Let’s look at the steps.
How to Register for the CS Executive Exam
You should first know a few details about the CS Executive course and registration deadlines.
Let us now look at what these are.
Brief Details of the CS Executive Exam
The CS Executive exam consists of several papers separated into two modules or groups. For the syllabus applicable for the June 2018 exam and onwards, the papers are as follows:
|Module Name||Paper Details|
|Module I||Jurisprudence, Interpretation and General Laws|
|Setting up of Business Entities and Closure|
|Module II||Corporate & Management Accounting|
|Securities Laws & Capital Markets|
|Economic, Business and Commercial Laws|
|Financial and Strategic Management|
You can choose to register for one or both of these modules. You should also know that not everyone can register and appear for the exam. You will need to fulfill one or more of the following criteria:
- You have passed the CS Foundation Exam (OR)
- You have completed your Bachelor’s degree of any stream except Fine Arts (OR)
- You have passed CA Foundation/CA CPT or CMA Foundation
If you are qualified to register, you will need to know something about the registration deadlines. So, let’s look at them.
CS Executive Registration Deadlines
The exam is held twice yearly: once in December and the other in June. Depending on how you qualify for appearing in the CS Executive exam, registration deadlines vary.
The table below shows the details:
|Details of Particulars||Cut-off Dates|
|Last date to register for both modules of CS Executive in June Attempt||31st August of the previous year i.e. if you are attempting the exam in June 2020, last date to register for both modules is 31st August, 2019|
|Last date to register for any one module of CS Executive in June Attempt||30th November of previous year i.e. if you are attempting the exam in June 2020, last date to register for any one module is 30th November 2019|
|Last date to register for both modules of CS Executive in December attempt||28th February of the same year (or 29th in case of leap year) i.e if you are attempting the exam in December 2020, last date to register for both modules is 29 February, 2020|
|Last date to register for any one module of CS Executive in December attempt||31st May of the same year i.e. if you are attempting the exam in December 2020, last date to register for any one module is 31st May, 2020|
You can look at the ICSI website for more details pertaining to registration.
Once we get that out of the way, let’s now look at the applicable registration fees.
CS Executive Course and Registration Fees
The table below shows the total CS Executive course fees that include registration fees, exemption fees and education fees. As you can see, the registration fee remains a constant Rs. 2000 but the other fees vary depending on how you qualify. There are also concessions for differently-abled students, widows and wards of martyrs of the military. The ICSI has provided a handbook that gives you more information.
|Particulars||Fee Structure (Rs.)||Total Fees (Rs.)|
|CS Foundation Pass Students|
|Registration Fee||2, 000||8, 500|
|Education Fee||6, 500|
|Foundation Exam Exemption Fee||500||9, 000|
|Registration Fee||2, 000|
|Education Fee||6, 500|
|Foundation Exam Exemption Fee||500||10, 000|
|Registration Fee||2, 000|
|Education Fee||7, 500|
|CA Foundation/CPT Pass, CMA Foundation Pass|
|Foundation Exam Exemption Fee||4, 000||12, 500|
|Registration Fee||2, 000|
|Education Fee||6, 500|
Now, let’s look at the CS Executive Registration Procedure in detail.
CS Executive Registration Procedure
There is no offline medium to apply for the CS Executive Exam from ICSI. You will have to register online ONLY.
Before heading to the main registration process, make sure you have the soft copy of all the documents required for CS Executive Registration ready. Here’s a handy checklist for candidates wishing to enroll:
- Passport-size photograph
- Certificate of Birth OR (10th standard Pass Certificate)
- 12th standard Pass Certificate
- Degree Certificate
- Consolidated Mark sheet
- Category Certificate (other than General)
- Government-issued ID – Aadhar card/Passport/Voter ID/Ration card
There is also a set of guidelines for you to follow to register successfully and without hassle:
The soft copies of all the files should in one of the following formats ONLY – .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .bmp or .pdf.
- The file size of any document should not exceed 2 MB.
- The file size of the candidate’s photo should be 20 KB to 50 KB.
- The file size of the candidate’s signature should be between 10KB to 20 KB.
Once you have all these in place, it’s time to fill up the CS Executive Registration Details. Go to the ICSI website and click on the ‘Online Services’ section and then select ‘Register For CS Course’ from the drop-down options.
Then you will be taken to a page which gives you instructions on how to fill up the form. For those who have appeared for and qualified CS Foundation, you will recognise that the procedure is the same. 🙂
You can now move on to filling up the form. If you’re filling up the CS Executive Registration Form for the first time, select the ‘New Registration’ option. If your registration process is incomplete, click on the ‘Incomplete Registration’ option and enter the Unique Number generated for you, followed by the verification code. Hold on to this Unique Number in case there is a problem while making your payment.
The form consists of:
- Basic Details such as your choice of course, qualification, full name, email address, phone number, DoB, permanent address, current address, etc.
- Education Details such as your educational background – names of your school, college, board and the courses you’ve pursued.
- Source of Information gives you CS Executive Registration Fee details for the courses, to select one most relevant for you. You will also have to provide the source from which you came across this ICSI course.
- Document Details requires you to upload all the mandatory documents required for CS Executive Registration (refer to the checklist in STEP 1).
- Form Preview gives you the chance to carefully review all the details you’ve filled in so far. Click on ‘Confirm Application’ once you’re reassured.
- Payment is the next step in the online registration for CS Executive and you can make yours via debit/credit card, Internet banking, ATM pin, bank challans, and online wallets. There might some limitations regarding these payment methods i.e. they might not be available for all banks.
- Transaction ID along with a request ID will be generated. Note down these numbers and keep them handy until the entire registration process is over and you have been admitted to take the examination. A confirmation of your payment will be sent to your email ID and mobile number.
Once you’re done with this, your registration is complete, your documents will be sent for verification to the institute. If you fulfil the eligibility criteria and the institute gives a go-ahead, your registration will be complete. However, it’s not the end of the CS Executive Registration procedure yet.
You will now be able to check your CS Executive registration status on your application. For this, you can visit the ICSI website and log in with valid credentials. Once you’re in, click on the ‘Module’ section followed by the ‘Student Services’ option. You can then choose the ‘Application Status’ option and check the progress of your registration.
Click on the link ‘New Executive Student Login’, enter your credentials (i.e. your Executive Registration number, and the password you received when you first registered). After logging in, you can move on to download you ID card and Registration letter. You have now successfully registered for the CS Executive Exam.
Once your application is approved, you can download your Admit Card from the ICSI website. Do a thorough proofreading of all your details on the card such as name, signature, address, exam timing, choice of centre etc. In case of any issue in your CS Executive registration procedure, be sure to contact the institute right away. You can visit http://support.icsi.edu/ and fill up a complaint form using your existing registration details.
Important Points to Remember
Now that we have that sorted, here are a number of things you must keep in mind while appearing for the exam:
- All candidates require a physical copy of their Admit Card as well as a student ID card before entering the examination hall, and must produce it when asked.
- If for any reason, the candidate’s ID card does not have their photo, they must affix a new photograph and have it attested by a gazetted officer or a member of the ICSI board. A copy of the IDs will also be handed over to the Superintendent of Examination Centre.
- Banned items in examination hall include books, study material, electronics such as phones, Bluetooth devices, tablets, etc.
- Note: The candidates must appear in all the papers they’ve enrolled in. If you are absent for even one of the papers, it will be a ‘Fail’ in the overall examination.
Quick Tips to Ease the Exam Tension
- Avoid too much stress: While it’s only natural to get tense before an exam or while preparing for it, there are always ways to regulate that stress. A bit of exercise goes a long way. Any time you feel a bit tense, take a walk and clear your head.
- Be organised: You probably hear this a lot, but making an organised study timetable can help you immensely. Make notes and don’t simply rely on memorizing. Writing and rewriting is a trick that yields great results.
- Eat well: With exam stress, a lot of people tend to lose their appetite. While this is perfectly natural, missing a meal or starving yourself is only going to reduce your energy-levels. So, eat well and eat healthy.
- Get enough sleep: This point cannot be overstated. Getting a good night’s sleep or a power nap every now and then will help you concentrate better and retain more information.
In order to prepare for the exam, ICSI provides study material once the registration process is complete.
However, if you need a little extra help, you can always turn to us. Register with LearnCab to view our video lectures on the subject by using your LearnCab credits, or if you are new to our portal, you can Sign Up to get a Free Trial.
Through LearnCab, you get 24/7 access to lectures on all papers of the CS Executive exam in a way that is easy to learn and quick to memorise. Our faculty includes top names in the field, ready to guide you the right way and accessible to clear your doubts, queries and concerns whenever you need.
Now, let’s get started and ace that exam in the first attempt!