Paper 7 :
Direct Tax Laws
Direct Tax Laws
About Direct Tax Laws
Direct tax laws and International taxation is one such subject which undergoes huge amount of changes every year. To stay updated is the biggest task here. This subject is popularly referred to as DT.Studying this subject gives you in-depth knowledge of the Income tax and International taxation not only in application but also to solve complex practical issues.
This paper upgrades the knowledge of Income tax acquired during Inter to the level where student transforms as a professional i.e. he should be able to analyse this paper with a practical mind to cater to client’s needs.International taxation is given good importance in the advent of globalisation and increased cross border transactions. So, you need to understand the tax laws in each country.
The topics covered in Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation at CA Final Level is,
- Income Tax Act,1961 read with rules, notifications and circulars
- International taxation – Equalisation Levy, Application and interpretation of tax treaties and Fundamentals of base erosion & profit sharing
The best approach to study Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation is
- Make your own notes. Your hand-written notes come to the rescue during last minute revision
- Compulsorily study the case laws released for your exam
- Solve a good number of problems.
- Try covering as much as possible in the syllabus, do not resort to selective study.
- 3 average answers are always better than 1 best answer
- Make sure you are reading all the materials that are applicable to your exam.