Paper 6A :
About Risk Management
Risk management is the process of identifying, monitoring and continuously controlling various threats to an organisation. Chartered Accountants work closely with business organisations. This subject helps to analyse, and gain understanding of various types of risks and challenges faced by an organisation and is intended to provide ability to mitigate risks.
The topics covered in Risk Management
- Introduction to risk
- Source and evaluation of risks
- Risk Management
- Quantitative analysis
- Risk Model
- Credit risk measurement and management
- Risk associated with corporate governance
- Enterprise risk management
- Operational risk management
The best approach to study Risk Management is
- 3 times revision of the entire study material is essential
- Open book exams are challenging, and so you must know your concepts well
- Read the entire case study only once to manage time; you can proceed to answer all the MCQ’s even without referring to the case study again and again.
- Try to pocket full marks in MCQs. Note that a brief reasoning is compulsory for MCQs
- Make best utilisation of full time given to you in the exams; write mock tests to develop your strategies and manage your risk in the exam well!